1. The price index of DEM is called DEMEX.
2. Eligible Shares
To be eligible for inclusion in DEMEX, a company must be incorporated in Mauritius. Any other company is ineligible.
The shares must be listed on the Development & Enterprise Market.
Only ordinary shares are included in the DEMEX.
Where a company’s ordinary shares are issued partly paid or nil paid and the call dates are already determined and known, the market price, for the purpose of calculating its market capitalisation, is adjusted so as to include all such calls (i.e., the fully paid price).
Companies which do not meet all the requirements of the DEM Rules are not included in the calculation of DEMEX. They will be included in the calculation of DEMEX once they meet all DEM requirements.
3. The initial market capitalization of DEMEX was calculated at the close of the trading session on August 4,2006 and will be determined as follows:
where i is the ordinary share of the ith company
pi = closing price of the ith company on the DEM on August 4.
ni = number of ordinary shares issued by the ith company.
Only companies which would trade on August 4 were included in the initial market capitalization.
4. The base market capitalization of DEMEX was set at the initial market capitalization of DEMEX at market close on August 4, 2006.
5. DEMEX was set at 100 at market close on August 4 and was afterwards calculated as follows:
DEMEX = Current Market Capitalisation of all Listed ordinary shares x 100
Base Market Capitalisation of all Listed ordinary shares
6. In the case of the listing of the ordinary shares of a new company on the DEM after the launch, the base market capitalisation of DEMEX will be adjusted to reflect the initial market capitalization of the new listing on the day the newly admitted security is traded. The closing value of DEMEX, however, will remain unchanged following this adjustment
The base market capitalisation of DEMEX will be adjusted to reflect rights issues and other capital restructurings.