> INVESTOR EDUCATION - Launching of the SEM Young Investor Award 2017



The SEM Young Investor Award 2017 is a national competition starting on 3rd April 2017 and end on 30th June 2017, spreading over a period of 3 months. Each team will be required to invest an investment fund of Rs 200,000 of token money in a portfolio consisting of 5 products [Shares and Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)] listed on the Official Market of the Stock Exchange of Mauritius. Teams are allowed to make up to 10 investment swaps at any time during the period of the competition as well as reinvest dividend received.

 

Investment Portfolios will be updated on a daily basis, and on 30th June each portfolio will be valued as it stands as at that date using the quoted prices of the final trading session of 30th June, and taking into consideration all dividends receivable, dividends re-invested, bonus issues and proceeds from the sale of rights, if any.

 

 

Besides, each team will be required to present at the end of the competition a report in two parts (Investment plan & Investment report). The report to be submitted at the end of the competition carries 30% of the marks, the remaining 70% being allocated to the profits realised on the investment portfolio.



Concise facts on SEMYIA 2017





14-Mar-2017